Thank you Victoria for tagging me to join in the blogging summer games. Hmm . . . six things you may not know about me . . .
1. I have two cats called Smokey (mum - top pic) and Spots (daughter - bottom pic). Smokey was one of a litter of six kittens of a feral cat. We adopted her during a camping retreat. She is a quiet and nervous cat. Spots is like a soppy teddy bear and loves to be cuddled.
2. I love computer games and often join my sons on the Wii or DS to relax in the evening.
3. My first degree was in design, specialising in ceramics, and I still enjoy artistic endeavours. Currently I am working on an applique embroidery.
4. I was inspired to study homoeopathy after our experience with our younger son. He used to stop breathing as a baby - very frightening. My doctor and local hospital were wonderfully supportive, but could offer no explanation or solution, so I took him to a homoeopath who cured him with a single tiny pill. I practised as a homoeopath for a few years but then gave it up because of my Buddhist duties.
5. 'ö-Dzin and I have been married for 23 years and had a second wedding for our 13th anniversary. It was a wonderful ceremony led by our Lamas, with our friends, family and sangha - and of course we had a party afterwards. We may do it again when we reach 26 years. Thirteen years marks a special level of depth of commitment in our tradition after which many fruitful things become possible.
6. We lived without a car for about 10 years because we didn't feel we really needed one in the city. I used to take the boys to school in a trailer attached to my bicycle. Unfortunately this has proved to not be so good for my knees in the long term, so although I do still cycle, I now have an electric bike that gives me assistance as I pedal. I finally bought a car this year because I am getting too old to manage things like the shopping without one now, and I felt I wanted a bit more scope in my life for getting out and about.
LJB at Horsey Therapist
Lynda at Hoofbeats
Grey Horse Matters