The rules are:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know your entry is published.
1. I am a rather round person and have always been so. Twice in my life I have seriously attempted to get slim and each time I became ill – the second time ending up in hospital for five days. I have to really starve myself to be slim – in extremis. I am physically active, supple and mostly pretty healthy, so I have now accepted that it is better for me to be round. I did like how I looked for the brief period I weighed less than 9 stone (126lbs, 57kg) the last time, but on balance I think it's better to be healthy and fat, than ill and thin.
2. When I was 18 my parents sponsored my brother and I on a trip to the USA. We had a three month adventure exploring the country. We hitch-hiked up the east coast from Washington DC, across the northern states, down the west coast as far as LA, and then back through the central states. We met many kind and wonderful people and experienced some spectacularly varied landscapes.
3. 'ö-Dzin and I have just had our first guitar lesson. I had lessons in classical guitar for about 6 months 30 years ago, but have let it slip since then and never really learned any other style. We are now learning how to play chords and strum, with the idea that we shall be able to play and sing together.
4. It is interesting—having been tagged by him—how often my interests and those of White Horse Pilgrim are similar despite us disagreeing quite strongly in other areas. I also am not interested in equestrian competition and have only ever wanted to trail ride, and I also love fantasy writing, such as Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy, Tolkein, Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, CS Lewis, and other similar genres such as Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. I used to love The Borrowers by Mary Norton as a child. Currently I am reading The Belgariad books by David Eddings. I also love films of this genre.
5. My primary work for my Buddhist Lineage is maintaining one of our websites, Aro Encyclopædia. I have no formal training in computing, but have picked up HTML and basic web design quite quickly and easily and really enjoy this work. It does help of course having a husband who is an expert in this field and has worked in the IT industry for over thirty years.
6. I love disaster movies. I know they are corny and the storylines are predictable, but usually such films feature people being kind to each other and prevailing despite the odds and I enjoy that. I even enjoy spotting those whose relationship is going to be saved by sharing the ordeal, and the one who is going to sacrifice themself for the greater good, etc. I like films to have a happy ending or at least a satisfying conclusion. One of my favourites is The Day After Tomorrow, and also Dante's Peak.
So here are 6 tags – I thought I would choose my family for 3 of them for fun:
My Beloved at Dolenni Diddorol,
Daniel at Hyper Star – perhaps it will encourage him to start using his blog more,
Richard at Kiml42,
Kira an artistic friend
A blog I enjoy – The Horseshoeing Housewife
& 7MSN whose photographs are so delightful