Friday 5 September 2008

Floods

The weather is getting serious here in Cardiff. I'm starting to feel as though I'm living on Ferenginar! The River Taff has burst its banks. The first picture shows the cycle path – now part of the river. 'ö-Dzin cycles home from work along this path most days. For parts of it today he was wading in two feet of water.

The second picture shows a view across the river and into the park. The area beyond the line of trees is the park, with rugby and football pitches. A way beyond these is Pontcanna riding stables – where Dee came from. I hope the horses are okay.

3 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Oh my! I hope the waters recede soon and that everyone is okay. I've been through a few floods and mudslides myself.

Cilla said...

i am keeping my fingers crossed it doesnt get worse for you guys! keep dry!

cilla xxx

Victoria Cummings said...

There's wild weather everywhere - Hope that the horses stay safe!